Our program is designed to guide our client through the path of getting their driver’s license reinstated. We research and gather information needed for our client to regain their driving privileges; saving our client hours of time and frustration. We are not attorneys and do not give legal advice; we offer knowledge so our clients may make informed decisions.
Our clients complete the DVS requirements, then we guide them through the path of getting suspense holds lifted. A valid license gives our client the power of negotiation: fine dismissal, modification and/or fine reduction which could save you money.
To prepare for the Written D Test at the Driver and Vehicle Services, you can either:
- Purchase a booklet at the Sears located at 425 Rice Street in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Study on-line at https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/forms-documents/Documents/Minnesota_Drivers_Manual.pdf
(They do not offer paper back driver manuals at driver examination station any more).
Program Enrollment Fee is $100, includes:
- Advocate to research driving record for open citations, citations in collections, civil judgments, child support holds and obtain state requirements to acquire a valid license
- Participation in the customization and implementation of the driving program.
- Confer with county court administration and setting hearing officer appointments.
- Instruction in communication with hearing officers, public defenders, prosecuting attorneys, parole officers, probation officers, Minnesota Department of Revenue, Department of Public Safety, and Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Information about related resources, including support services such as ignition interlock service providers, affordable chemical assessment locations, DWI driving classes/therapy, and public assistance.
- Insurance Certificate (SR-22 insurance) referrals.
- Transportation to and from hearings/court from the office, if needed.
Potential additional costs:
- $50 per hearing/1st arraignment with advocate in the following counties: Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott or Washington County; $60 starting price in all other counties.
Additional Services Offered:
- $50 Child Support holds for an advocate to assist with removal of hold on driver’s license with first worker; $25 each additional worker.
- $50 per Civil Judgment for an advocate to assist with questions, research, negotiation and requirements for removal of hold on driver’s license.
- $100 Out of State hold for an advocate to assist with removal of hold on an out of state driver’s license with first state; $50 each additional state for advocate to research driving record, payment options, and removal of hold.
- $25 per Register of Action; $50 for advocate to attend the DMV hearing for reinstatement fee reduction or paperwork for license cancellation due to a DWI or large amounts of tickets.
- $50 for advocate and use of vehicle for the road test, with appointment; $100 without appointment.
- $200 starting cost for legal services from a licensed attorney; recommend for felony level.
* Prices are subject to change and are current as of May 20, 2018
** We accept money orders and all major credit cards. A 3.50% transaction fee will apply.